A video about our family

Pierce Family Adoption Registry

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Swinging good time


We looked at pictures of family members today and Calvin knew Keith by sight – which is exciting! We played with the big tube, the piano, the blanket, and watched some more DVDs of sign language. Calvin likes the bubble breaker game on the iPad. We had a great visit in bonding with each other. The hour is going by faster with each visit. Calvin likes our routine of changing things up every 5 minutes. He loves eating a banana each day, too. My favorite thing was Calvin calling Tyler "Papka" - dear little dad. SO CUTE!

We came home and had some lunch. I took a 2 (yes, 2!) hour nap and then started on dinner. Sveta asked me to teach her to make Chicken Parmigiana (my favorite dish) and I thought it would be good to do a test run here in the apartment. It turned out really well. I even made the breadcrumbs! It turns out that drying out bread isn't that hard to do...who knew?

There isn't a branch of ward here in Vyksa, so we watched this talk by President Eyring online. It was very inspiring and made me want to be a better person. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the revelation that I receive. I wouldn't be here in Russia adopting if I didn't know that this is where God wants for me to be. 

The tube game.

The Russian cup-of-noodles and Chicken Parmigiana.

Calvin giving me a kiss on the cheek and Papa swinging him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There was a video that was shown on Temple Square in the Book of Mormon tour with Elder Eyring in the late 90's, early 2000's. There were two versions, one for members, one for visitors. If you can get your hands on the version for members, I'm sure you'd enjoy that one!

Karin said...

So, so, so happy for all of you! Sending love! (& hugs!!!!)

Sarah C said...

I love that he is comfortable enough to kiss you, snuggle you, and play with you. That is good. He is adorable. Your dinner looks yummy.