A video about our family

Pierce Family Adoption Registry

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to my children in Russia

I have enjoyed this Christmas season, but being in an active international adoption changes perspective. My children in Russia have been on my mind. Because I hope to be meeting them in February, I know that they are now alive there in Russia. Waiting. When my family gathered together tonight to eat our Christmas day feast, I longed to have my other children there with me. It was bittersweet. Bitter knowing that they aren't with me, but sweet knowing that soon they will be here. I don't know their names, their ages, what color their eyes are or anything specific, but I know that they are mine. Or, at least, they soon will be.

Merry Christmas children. Your mama is here in FL thinking of you and longing to hold you tonight.

No comments: